Sunday, March 22, 2015

Throwback Scotland/London trip part 2

 These posts are taking longer than I expected to write. So sorry for the delay, but since the trips are not fresh in my mind it is hard to remember all the details quickly. Also, it is so hard to pick which pictures to post because I took ALOT of pictures. Plus I was in San Diego all last week (Pics for that to follow). Blah, blah, blah don't you love my excuses :)
This post is about our adventures in Wick, Sutherland (Dunrobin Castle), and St. Andrews.

Wick is a lovely place where Donny and Court use to live. Wick is located in northern Scotland and it was absolutely freezing when we went there in April.

---------------------------Wick
Gorgeous cliffs located in Wick.

We saw a Puffin! I didn't get a good picture of it so this picture was taken by my sister. How cute is this Puffin?? I was so excited about all the different animals we saw in Scotland.


 Stacks of Duncansby



John O'Groats was a neat little spot. It is actually the most northern village in Britain. We went to a little cafe there and had coffee/tea and sandwiches.


Colorful Inn at John O'Groats near the habor!

 This is a picture taken at Dunnet Head, which is the most northern point in Britain. I wish I would have taken more pictures at this location, but it was so freaking cold it was hard to even hold my camera.




 Light house overlooking Dunnet Point.

 More pretty cliffs on our drive down from Dunnet point. If you look towards the shore you can see the pretty turquoise color in the water.



Oh lovely castles in Scotland. This is the Castle of Mey located in Caithness. It is Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's home and also the northernmost castle on the British mainland. We didn't get to go inside due to time issues, but you can tour the castle and the garden.



 I love this picture and it was taken near the castle.

  I was excited to finally get to see the highland cows. My sister always talked about these cool cows. It looks like they have bangs lol. They are beautiful animals.


Such an adorable little baby highland cow. It took me a while to get a good picture because the momma was hiding and being protective of the baby.


--------------------------- Sutherland
This was my favorite part of the trip (which is hard to say because the whole trip was fabulous). Dunrobin castle was absolutely gorgeous and was literally something out of a fairy tale. This is a must see if you are visiting Scotland. It is located in Sutherland, Scotland.

 It was so lovely and magical. I can't wait to go back and have my parents see this place.



So the castle has falconry displays that they put on at certain times and days. Donny and Courtney were really excited about the bird show. I didn't really know what to expect and I was so in awe of the castle that I just wanted to explore. I have to say the bird show was pretty cool. They had falcons and owls flying around the castle. The birds would just hobble through the people sitting and even landed on one guy's head that was wearing a hat. It was hard to take of picture of due to how fast they were flying, but I got a couple of shots. We also toured the inside of the castle, but photography was not allowed.


Here is the owl just flying around.

 This photo was taken by my sister and it is a fantastic shot!

 More birds on their stands!


Love this one of all of us.


 Just aborbs!

Also adore this one!

Oh the courtyard was so awesome!

I am just frolicking through the courtyard.


--------------------------- St. Andrews
 The next day we went to St. Andrews! 

 We had to go to this bakery called Fisher and Donaldson and get a coffee tower! OMG this was so divine. Geez now I want one!

Next we tried to walk off those lovely treats by strolling through the University of St. Andrews. Such a nice campus and actually Donny use to attend there!

This was neat to see what everyone wrote for "I am" and "home is". I wrote VA on the chalk board, but I can't remember if Georgia was already there or if we wrote it.

 University of St Andrews campus. I love the architecture.

 Then we had to get some famous fish & chips, which we got from Tailend Restaurant and Fish Bar. We got it to go and walked down to St. Andrew castle ruins and ate our fish & chips there.

Even the castle ruins are absolutely stunning on a cloudy day.





Beautiful and yet rugged!

 The remains of St. Andrews Cathedral, which was located, near the castle ruins. I wish I would have taken more pictures of this, but this was the only one I got. Next time I will take more photos.

St. Andrews Golf Hotel! We stopped here briefly just to take a couple of pictures! I am sure on our next visit we will stop here longer since my dad will be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment