Saturday, March 7, 2015

Scotland Summer Trip and Previous Scotland Trip

I am so stoked that my parents and I finally booked our flight to London and Scotland! We are going to Scotland this summer to visit my sister and Donny. This will be my third time going. Our trip will be 10 days long and we are starting off in London, but going to Scotland for the majority of the time. My sister and Donny are so cute and have already made little itineraries for us.

Last time I went to visit I surprised my sister for her birthday last April. I just realized I never posted pictures of that trip on my blog! Goodness that is some serious lacking on my end and I can't believe I didn't post anything. I guess better late than never. So here is a little throwback of my trip to Scotland and London in honor of our upcoming trip. For my previous trip my sister and Donny did a fabulous job planning the trip. I was there for 10 days and we saw a lot of Scotland and then spent one night/2 full days in London. In Scotland we visited Isle of Skye, Glencoe, Wick, Sutherland, and St. Andrews. I have tons of pictures of this trip so I am going to split up the post.

------------------------------Glencoe
When I arrived to Scotland, of course I was exhausted from the long flight. I quickly perked up on the drive when we arrived to Glencoe. The views of the mountains were amazing.









Absolutely stunning views in Glencoe.


This is cool picture with the cave in the mountain


So pretty





 There are so many great things about Scotland, but one thing I absolutely ♥  is the CASTLES CASTLES and yep more CASTLES....Eilean Donan Castle is located in highlands Scotland. We passed it on our way to Isle of Skye. Unfortunately, in April it starts to get dark at around 3pm in Scotland. So daylight hours are limited. It was hard to get really great pictures of the castle in the dark, but it still shows some of the eerie magical beauty.




-------------------------------------Isle of Skye
 I can't wait to go back to Isle of Skye. When we first arrived we were greeted with such a lovely sunset! I felt like I was in a dream world.


 So many sheep in Scotland. You have to watch out for them because they roam all in the roads.


 Quiraing is a must see. The views and landscapes are breathtaking. Even on a rainy day (which it will most likely be). The place is unreal it is like something out of Lord of Rings.


 My sister and I aren't we so cute. Love this girl and can't wait to see her soon.


 Quiraing (in Gaelic, Cuith-Raing)


 The next pictures are from Fairy Glen (Glen Conon), which is full of lovely rippled conical hills. Great place to hike and enjoy the eerie, but beautiful scenery. Pictures just don't do Isle of Skye justice and it is so hard to capture the magical beauty of this place.  







Little lamb at Fairy Glen. The sheep started getting a little protective when we tried to get too close for pictures.

 Coral beach is a nice hike with a stunning views located Claigan. Coral beach is gorgeous and the beach is actually crushed seaweed (not coral as you might think due to the name). The blue and turquoise water makes for great photos.




Such amazing views, but so cold. I am not use to going to a beach and not being able to get in the water. I had to enjoy the crystal water in my hunter boots!









We saw this pretty horse on the way back from the Coral Beach. We think it is a Clydesdale horse, but not positive.


Group shot before my sister's birthday dinner. This was taken at the lovely B&B that we stayed in.


I adore this picture!


Kilt Rock is another natural beauty located in Skye. The view of the cliff and waterfall is stunning. All the previous places I posted required a bit of walking to get to or to explore, however at this gem you just park and walk a couple of steps and there is the magical scenic view. Don't get me wrong I love hiking and walking to see wonderful beautiful places, but we already accomplished a lot of adventurous walking in the rain so it was nice to see this quickly.




 This is the pretty town of Portree, which is the main town on Isle of Skye.


 Portee's habor


 Here is where our main adventure on Isle of Skye comes into play. So the main reason why I was so excited for Isle of Skye was to go to the Fairy Pools (<<<check out people photos on trip advisor with the link). On our last day in Skye we planned to go to the Fairy Pools. Well of course it is Scotland and well it rains a lot. Well on this particular day it was really raining, but we still decided to go. The Fairy Pools were more like rapids than pools of water. We pretty much risked our life to hike up to see the "pools". We crossed a rapid flowing river where the water was past our knees. Donny helped us get across it safely. It was pretty thrilling crossing the river. The water was absolutely freezing and I barely could feel my body. It started pouring rain at times so I only managed to take a couple of pictures. I didn't want to damage my DSLR camera which was just chilling in the pocket of my anorak rain jacket. After we were done with the hike we had a long drive and we had already checked out of the B&B so we had to stop a little cafe to change out of our freezing soaking wet clothes. We were a mess haha. Even though I was disappointment I didn't get to see the glorious turquoise and iridescent colors in the pools it was still a crazy fun adventure.

When we go back this summer we are definitely going back to the Fairy Pools and hopefully I will have some great beautiful pictures of it!! We will have longer days to explore too.


Tomorrow I am planning on posting more on my previous Scotland and London adventure. I might have to split it up more than just two parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment