Friday, April 10, 2015

Throwback Scotland/London Pt 3

Alright this is the last and final post on my London/Scotland trip (FYI this is a throwback post from a trip I did a year ago, but forgot to post it...meh). This post is about our adventures in London and Edinburgh. So from Scotland we took a sleeper mega bus to London. It was my first time ever taking a sleeper bus. I will say it was an interesting experience. I was able to sleep some, but the overnight travel was definitely the way to go if you have limited time. We arrived in London extremely early and we dropped off our bags at the hotel (to hold until check in time). Most places weren't open yet so went to Starbucks and planned our adventure and charge our phones.

The map of London with all the tube stations!

Lovely pastry shop we stopped for breakfast when we first arrived London called Patisserie Valerie.

 
Buckingham Palace, of course was a must see. We didn't get to see the changing of the guards, but I hope when we go in June we are able to.



Queen Victoria Memorial



It was so hard to get this picture with everyone taking pictures around, but we did it!!

Gorgeous gardens in the Palace


Roaming around Piccadilly Circus

William Shakespeare's statue in Leicester Square, London.

The famous Tower Bridge! Apparently you can do a Tower Bridge Exhibition. I am wondering if we might have time to do that on our next trip!

LUBS her!



 House of Parliament and Big Ben with its gorgeous architecture.


The London Eye, the popular giant Ferris wheel. It looked busy when we went by it and we wanted to make the most of our time. I have heard mixed reviews about actually getting on the Ferris wheel. However, maybe on our next visit we will be able to do it. I think it would be a cool way to see London.




Of course we had to go see a Broadway show while visiting. We chose The Lion King and boy it did not disappoint! The person who played Rafiki was fantastic. The overall cast was brilliant, but Rafiki was amazing! I also loved the elephant costumes they had!!

HARRY Freaking POTTER lol! I was pretty excited to go to King's Cross where Platform 9 3/4 is located. Yes, I am a Harry Potter fan..how can you not be!! The line was pretty long to get a picture, but we waited (again tons of HP fans). When you finally get up there you chose your scarf...GO Gryffindor! We got some solo pictures. Then Court and I took an action shot, which turned out great! Courtney did an awesome job jumping backwards when I did my stupefy spell (lol yes I know super nerd)


This was our action shot that I was talking about above. It was pretty great! We had to buy this picture at the HP Platform 9 3/4 shop and I feel like it was well worth it!

Yummy breakfast at The Breakfast Club! They have several locations in London, but we visited this one.

I love cafe art. Yummy mocha  ♥ ♥

Laduree Tea Room was somewhere I really wanted to go to get macaroons! It was located in Harrods, which is a large department store. We had trouble finding where it was located in this massive department store, but the searching was well worth it. The colorful macaroons are so pretty and delicious too.

It was hard to choose, but here is my colorful array of macaroons!

We strolled through Notting Hill and looked at all the colorful houses! I want to live in a pink or teal house! We wanted to go to Portobello Market, but we didn't make it in time for the market. Maybe on our next visit we can experience the market.


Flowers in St. James Park. Unfortunately it was starting to get a little dark at this point, but it was still fun to walk around the park!


She is just a dime! This photo taken on the bridge in St. James Park.

This is a picture of the London Eye from St. James Park. The park is a really lovely park to walk through. You can see the London Eye and Buckingham Palace from a different view.

Buckingham Palace

 -----------------------------Edinburgh

This was my last day here. I love Edinburgh so we got to spend some time here after London. I love the architecture in Edinburgh. It is such a lovely city.



I have been to the Elephant House, but when we went last time it was super busy. This time we actually got experience the Elephant House and have some coffee. I definitely adore this place because I love elephants, coffee and Harry Potter. This place is known as the birthplace of Harry Potter! This is where J.K. Rowling spent time writing her first Harry Potter novel.




Greyfriars Kirkyard is an eerie graveyard in Edinburgh. There is grave with the name Tom Riddell and apparently many Harry Potter fans believe that it inspired Tom Riddle/Voldemort in her books. So here is another Harry Potter reference.

Tom Riddell's grave

This place was definitely creepy, but cool!





1 comment: