Sunday, January 25, 2015

Know Good Beer Festival


On Saturday, Mary and I went to KGBfestival. I love beer festivals. I have been to a couple beer festivals here in Cville like Top of the Hops and Homebrew for Hunger. All of which have been awesome events. KGB beer festival was at the IX Art Park, which is a fun place with lots of colorful graffiti art. So at this particular beer festival we got 12 tickets and each ticket was worth a 4oz pour of beer. When I first saw this I was bummed because at Top of the Hops it is endless pours and there are no tickets evolved. However, 12 4oz pours of beer was plenty for me and half of the time they gave you very generous pours. Here is a list of all the breweries that attended. I was slacking on taking  pictures in the tent of the different beers/breweries (oopsies). I know I know the beer is the whole point. However, I think I got some good shots of the graffiti and the music!

So my favorite beers were Biggie S’mores Imperial Stout from Three Notch'd Brewing Company and Pear Cider from Bold Rock. This was surprising to me because I am not usually a fan of stouts or cider. So the Biggie S’mores Imperial Stout is a perfect beer for winter and I imagine being around a campfire on a cold night drinking this. You can really taste the graham crackers, but it wasn't too sweet. It is a MUST TRY for sure. It was a rather heavy beer though.  Next the Pear Cider, this beer was so crisp, refreshing and drinkable. It was a nice change from all the heavy stouts. It was like champagne beer. Usually I stay away from cider beer, but maybe I should give it chance more. 



 South Fork food truck was at the event! So glad for that because the fried green tomato BLT was on point especially after drinking some heavy beer.

 The atmosphere was perfect with all the amazing graffiti art. Here are some pictures of all the graffiti!!








 
 The live music was also a big plus! Beer, music, and art seriously are my favorite things! The Moonbees- I didn't get to watch a lot of their performance, but the ending was good!


Dr. Dog was the surprise guest! I haven't listened to much of Dr. Dog, but it was a great performance so I'm definitely going to be listening to more of them. They had a sold out show at the Jefferson Theater later that night. I honestly did not know it was them at first.




 Moby and the Dicks





I am not really sure what this thing was, but it had swivel chairs, tables and 2 bikes all attached. Mary wanted to ride it out of the festival, but the tires on the bikes looked a little flat.






No comments:

Post a Comment