Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yummy breakfast

Its the first weekend of fall and I decided to make breakfast.

 I found this image below on pinterest and it looked amazing that I just had to try it.
Yummy breakfast!!


Recipe from bacontimewiththehungryhypo

Heres mine it didnt look exactly like the one above but it was close and so good!.

Mine looks more like a breakfast calzone!

Ingredients:1 can of crescents 8count (I used reduced fat)
5 large eggs (to make it slightly healthier use egg whites or egg substitute, however double up on the egg whites)
1 cup of shredded Colby and monterey jack cheese
8 slices of fully cooked bacon ( I used turkey bacon)

- Preheat oven 375
- Cook bacon and cook egg scramble style
- Arrange crescent rolls with the pointed end away from the middle, I did mine a lil different than http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/02/beautiful-bacon-egg-cheese-wreath.html, but you can check out her website for her instructions I just modified it a lil.
- place bacon, eggs, and cheese on top of the crescent rolls, like so..

- then fold over pointed ends to the middle.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes


Then I made some Pumpkin Spice Coffee as a fall inspired drink I just used the left over pumpkin spice mousse and put it on top of my coffee. Basically I just made coffee lightly sweetened it and then topped it with the mousse and some pumpkin spice.





Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment