Thursday, September 22, 2011
4 sausages (beef or pork) - I used turkey sausage
1 pound potatoes
1/2 pound carrots
1/2 bell pepper
1 large onion
1 fennel bulb - I didnt use any fennel
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 cup chicken broth - I used fat tire beer instead (the turkey sausage and the beer cancels each other out right)
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Visit kayotic kitchen for her directions they might be slight easier to follow then my condensed version.
- I washed and chopped all the veggies into nice big pieces.
-Use a big bowl to combine the oil with the Italian herbs, grated or chopped garlic, and Beer .
- Put veggies into a nice big roasting pan and pour seasoning mixture over veggies. Add some salt and pepper in addition to the season mixture
- When there is about 15 mins left for the veggie, start browning the turkey sausage in a pan. You dont have to cook them all the way tho.
-After browning the sausage let them rest and then cut them 1/3 or 1/2.
-After 45 minutes the potatoes and vegetables should be fork tender. Next add the sausage with the veggies and pour the balsamic vinegar all over. Bake for another 20-25 mins uncovered!
Pumpkin Mousse Filo cups
Anyways I cant seem to find the website that I got the recipe for the pumpkin mousse, but I remember ( sorry for not crediting).
-1 package of vanilla instant pudding (the small one)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- About 1/4 cup of sugar (I kinda did mine to taste)
- package of filo cups.
They tasted like fall in a mini cup :)