Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dinner!



Tonight I cooked dinner for the fam. It was pretty good.
Its called Lazy Sunday Casserole (yes I realize it is not Sunday)
Anyways I got the recipe from kayotic kitchen, but tweaked it a bit. And for dessert I made Pumpkin Mousse Filo cups

Ingredients:
4 sausages (beef or pork) - I used turkey sausage
1 pound potatoes
1/2 pound carrots
1/2 bell pepper
1 large onion
1 fennel bulb - I didnt use any fennel
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 cup chicken broth - I used fat tire beer instead (the turkey sausage and the beer cancels each other out right)
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Visit kayotic kitchen for her directions they might be slight easier to follow then my condensed version.

- I washed and chopped all the veggies into nice big pieces.
-Use a big bowl to combine the oil with the Italian herbs, grated or chopped garlic, and Beer .
- Put veggies into a nice big roasting pan and pour seasoning mixture over veggies. Add some salt and pepper in addition to the season mixture
Pretty colors right... Now cover with foil and bake for 45 mins.
- When there is about 15 mins left for the veggie, start browning the turkey sausage in a pan. You dont have to cook them all the way tho.


-After browning the sausage let them rest and then cut them 1/3 or 1/2.
-After 45 minutes the potatoes and vegetables should be fork tender. Next add the sausage with the veggies and pour the balsamic vinegar all over. Bake for another 20-25 mins uncovered!
-then Enjoy!


 Pumpkin Mousse Filo cups

I know the paper plate is classy!
Anyways I cant seem to find the website that I got the recipe for the pumpkin mousse, but I remember ( sorry for not crediting).
-1 package of vanilla instant pudding (the small one)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
-  1 Tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- About 1/4 cup of sugar (I kinda did mine to taste)
- package of filo cups.
 They tasted like fall in a mini cup :)


No comments:

Post a Comment