Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hiking Adventure


Today Mary and I went on an adventure hike today. We hiked Spy Rock which is about a hour drive from Charlottesville. We didn't really know what to expect because it was our first time. We tried to read a little on the hiking trail. I personally haven't done tons of hiking before so I was excited about the experience. Well it was definitely worth the work. However, there was one minor thing we didn't think  about before the hike and that was snow. It wasn't actually snowing, but there was a good bit of snow on the ground. Me being so outdoorsy wore my nice new running shoes. Surprisely my feet did not get wet, however it was slippery at times for sure. We had our nice walking sticks that were a lifesaver. We both ended up falling once, but I am surprised it wasnt more than that. At parts it was scary because we had to actually climb up a rock with snow, but we made it!! The hike was about 1.3 miles. It felt like forever cause it was pretty uphill in snow. We didnt walk too fast just to avoid slipping. Anyways heres some photos

 
 
My Cheesy Video



 
 
This pic is actually from Crabtree falls hike, but we only went as far as the waterfall
 


No comments:

Post a Comment