Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New life Ramble and some awesome music.

Alright so I guess I will post a new update about my life. I am really enjoying Charlottesville. It is a small town with a lot of stuff and there is actually scenery here (mountains). There are tons of restaurants, brewery's, winery's and shopping that I can't wait to try out (Ive tried out some).  I won't lie though, I miss the beach. I am the pale-est I have ever been. Oh well I am trying to embrace it, but I don't know how long it will last. So far life is pretty good and I really haven't got much I should complain about. I do miss my family, but I have always been pretty independent. It is weird because I went and got a gym membership 2 weeks ago and I was talking to the guy that signed me up. He told me I was pretty ballsy for moving 9 hours aways by myself. I mean at least I knew 2 people who live here before I moved here. People move long distance all the time. I will admit it has been hard to meet people because I feel like I am constantly working or studying. I have a brand new job, which is extremely difficult. I mean I like my job, but it is a completely different world going from being a student to working in a trauma 1/teaching hospital. In school I would scan the patients and of course learn, but now I am actually writing up the reports and handing them to the radiologist. There is so much stuff I haven't been exposed to being a student. I am so excited to learn and have already learned so much. I want to be able to go out and try and meet people, however right now I am trying to focus on being better at my job. I have been back in school mode and trying to study some of the things I did not really have to focus much on when I was a student. I know I will eventually get the hang of things, but right now I am just trying to do the best I can and I just have to ask for help when I am unsure. There are times I feel completely stupid and times I feel completely confident. I can't go hiding in a little hole when something becomes to difficult (which I usually dont do, but sometimes want to do). I definitely understand RESPONSIBILITY now.

There are definitely some things to look forward to after I get a little more comfortable in my job and also I forgot to mention I have to study for vascular. Vascular is extremely boring to me right now. It is so hard to focus on when I have so many other exams that we do everyday that I need to learn. However, it will be awesome when I have passed vascular and it is all behind me.

My plan is once I am done with passing vascular, I want to make a list of things I have been dying to do (travel, hiking, hot air balloon ride more concerts). One of them I am already doing, which is Bonnaroo. I cannot explain how excited I am for Bonnaroo. I know I am going to be killing myself trying to see all the bands I want too, but mainly I am excited to see RADIOHEAD. However, I also can't wait for City and Colour, Bon Iver (who Ive already witnessed in concert and is awesome), The Civil Wars (Im highly in love with) Red Hot Chili Peppers, Feist, Foster the People, The Kooks, The Shins, The Punch Brothers (amazing Folk), The Avett Brothers...oh and Ive recently gotten excited about Phantogram, Alabama Shakes and Gary Clark Jr. I need the lineup schedule to come out pronto so I can start planning my schedule!!!

Here are some videos Ive been obsessing over...
I love the soulful-ness of his voice! He reminds me of a combo of The Black Keys and Jimi Hendrix. WHATS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THAT!

This is the The Punch Brothers -Alex. This video what actually performed in Charlottesville. I am so glad I moved to a place with a good music scene. Anyways its a great song and I think they will be awesome live.

I know I have already said it, but I am in love with this band. When I first heard them I thought they were too country, but now I just think they are amazing and compliment each other so well when they sing.

I wonder why I haven't listen to more of them sooner. They are electronic and fun. They are coming to Charlottesville right before Bonnaroo and I might go see them then too. This song is a major hip moving song even though it tells you to keep your body still.

No comments:

Post a Comment