Friday, January 6, 2012

My personal Favorite albums of 2011!!

So here is my favorite 10 albums of 2011. There was some great music in 2011 so I will try my best to narrow it down. I am one of those annoying people that has so many favorite songs. I am also very opinionated about music, but here goes my fav albums from 2011.

Albums
1. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
 - This album was just amazing! I mean Justin Vernon's voice is magical! I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert this past year and even live his voice is flawless! If you have not listened to this album please dont deprive yourself its so worth it. Pitchfork named it the number 1 album of 2011 and urbanoutfitters had it as the 2nd best album. Obviously I agree with pitchfork.
2. Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues
- I can't tell you how much I listened to this album. It just makes me so happy. Its just a beautiful album full of amazing vocal harmonies. My sister and I use to go around singing "If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm raw ....If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm sore"



3. Florence and the Machine - Ceremonials
- I couldn't wait for this album to come out last year. It was definitely my most anticipated album. Her first album was absolutely amazing, however I was a little worried about the second album because I was afraid I would be disappointed. I was so far away from disappointed. Her vocals are stunning in this album. This album also has that trance-like dance feel that her first album had, which I loved. I would do anything to have her powerhouse of a voice! I want to see her live in concert sooooooo bad I bet it would be magical!


4. My Morning Jacket - Circuital
- This album was awesome to me. Ive heard mixed reviews from people saying it was disappointing, but I didnt think so at all. I felt like the vocals were erie at some point. When I first listened to Holdin on to Black Metal, I felt the vocals in the background were erie/creepy, but now I love it. Also, the song The Day Is Coming, is probably one of my favorite songs of 2011.

5. Radiohead - King of Limbs
- The only disappointing thing about this album was how short it was. I really enjoyed the whole album, however there were 3 songs that I just couldnt stop playing.  Codex, Lotus Flower and Give Up the Ghost these songs were genius. Radiohead is a band I have to see in concert. The music video for Lotus Flower is one of my favorites...Who wouldnt love to watch Thom Yorke dance his heart out!  I didnt start really hard core listening to radiohead until around 5 years ago! Definitely glad I did because they are one of my favorite bands now!


6. The Black Keys - El Camino
- This album came out more towards the end of 2011. I have had it on repeat since. I love the raspy-soul rock feel that this album has. This album might sound different than their other albums, but artist are always growing and changing up their sound. This album is still a great album just as their others albums are great. I feel like this album displays a rustic groove sound, which I love. I absolutely love the song Run right back to her it is pretty great!

7. City and Colour- Little Hell
- My brother actually told me to listen to this album. Ive listened to City and Colour before, but I've never listened to a whole album by them. Let me tell you it was worth it. Dallas Green's voice is simply incredible and the lyrics are beautiful. The song Silver and Gold almost made me cry when I first listened to it.

8. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
- So Ive recently strayed from alternative, grungy rock. BUT foo fighters album quickly drew me back and I loved every second of it. This album was a awesome album. It quickly became my running music because it just pumped me up sooo much!

9. Iron and Wine - Kiss each other Clean
- I enjoyed this album alot. Sam Beam's voice and songwriting skills are pretty amazing. Iron and Wine was the first folkish band that I had ever listen to. My love for folk music continues to grow.
10. Feist - Metals
- I havent listen to much feist until this album. I first heard the song How Come you Never Go There and immediately got my hands on the album. I absolutely love her voice. I wouldnt call her voice a powerhouse voice like Florence. Feist's voice has an innocent flow to it. Currently, the song The Bad in Each Other is my favorite song off this album. However all of the songs are worth listening too!!


What were some of your fav albums??? I will soon post a playlist of my favorite songs of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment