Monday, January 5, 2015

Artwork

So here are some of the paintings I forgot to post from last year.  The paintings are a Rocket Ship, No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, and a Geometric snowflake.


This painting is the biggest painting I have ever done which is a 30x40. It was a commission piece done for the new Children's Hospital at UVA- The Battle Building.

This picture is of the painting framed and displayed at the hospital.


This painting is one I did for my nephew's nursery. I have never done a monkey painting before, but was stoked to try it out. I really like how it turned out. I feel like most of my paintings are so bright and colorful that I wasn't sure how the brown would turn out. However, I am pleased with the outcome and it is super adorable in his nursery.


Here is my most recent painting that I did for Christmas. I wanted something Merry and Bright hanging in my living room. I decided to do a Geometric snowflake. I am really happy with how this painting turned out. It is a 20x24 canvas painting. Usually I use a bunch of different mediums, but for this painting I used silver leaf foil and acrylic paint. The silver leaf adds the textured part and the bright geometric style adds the pattern both of which I so desperately crave in my works.

1 comment: